Assists Operations Division (Support Services and Program Development) by performing secretarial, administrative and bookkeeping duties.
1. Assist Operations Division with correspondence and communications.
2. Type letters or transcribe letters and reports accurately.
3. Screen, transmit, and respond to telephone calls effectively.
4. Process incoming and outgoing mail.
5. Transmit and receive messages via voice mail, e-mail and fax.
6. Maintain a filing system for the Operations Division
7. Maintain a calendar of activities for the Operations Division.
8. Prepare photocopies of material for the Division.
9. Assist in the preparation of tours, special events and meetings.
10. Invoice, record and process payments of tours, special events and meetings.
11. Process invoices received by the Operations Division for payment by Federation Accounting.
12. Maintain records of purchase, sale and maintenance for the fleet vehicles.
13. This list of essential functions is non-exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
1. Compile statistical data for various reports for Division as needed.
2. Update and revise various manuals and procedure manual.
3. Prepare check requests for payment of bills.
4. Preparation and processing of tours (AFBF Annual Convention and Congressional Tour); assembling tour packets for attendees. Compile rooming list, flight list, badges, oral and written correspondence, invoicing and recap sheets.
5. Assist in processing of special events (State Fair and State Annual Meeting). Compile information packets and badges.
6. Handle correspondence, prepare financial statements and transcribe minutes for Division staff appointed to various professional groups and committees.
7. Promote organizational mission statements, goals and objectives of both Kentucky Farm Bureau Federation and Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Companies.
8. Regular, predictable attendance.
9. The duties described above are general in nature and may not completely cover all aspects of this position.
SCOPE OF CONTACTS
1. State office personnel
4. Hotel, travel agents and caterers
5. State agency personnel
6. Other company departments
1. Physical demands:
2. Mental Demands:
Able to work under pressure
Able to work with minimum supervision
3. Environment factors:
Standard office lighting, temperature and noise
MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
1. A combination of formal education, training and experience to acquire knowledge and skills generally equivalent to those possessed by an experienced high school graduate or acquired through two years of college.
2. Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm.
3. Note-taking ability.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE /OTHER REQUIREMENTS
1. At least three years administrative experience.
2. Working knowledge of office machines: PC, copier, calculator, facsimile.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
4. Courteous telephone manner.
5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
6. Ability to coordinate and complete several tasks under time constraints.
7. Ability to interact effectively with a team concept.
8. Willingness to perform work assignments after office hours to meet job demands.9. Willingness to travel overnight to attend meetings as needed.
10. Self-starter and ability to work with minimum supervision.