Perform clerical and administrative support for District Claim Manager, Claim Adjusters and other Regional Claim Office staff. The Claim Secretary 1 provides prompt, courteous and fair claim service.
- Support the corporate strategy and our commitment to the member relationship.
- Support the strategic mission of the Claims function as it relates to goals for the organization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the agency force and support the agencies through sound and effective claim management practices.
- Handle all claims in accordance with the provisions of the Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Act and in an ethical and compliant manner.
- Answer the telephone, direct calls, handle inquiries.
- Assist District Claim Manager and other Regional Claim Office staff.
- Review loss reports and confirm coverage.
- Conduct prompt and thorough investigations of losses.
- Maintain and thoroughly document electronic claim files to support actions taken.
- Handle claims in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Maintain proper reserves and diaries on claim files.
- Promptly evaluate and resolve claims through settlement or denial.
- Complete assignments.
- Serve as a catastrophe team member or assist in other claim offices or locations as required.
- Demonstrate a positive and supportive attitude.
- Regular, predictable attendance as employee has to physically be in the office.
- This list of Essential Functions is non-exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Assist and cooperate with Kentucky Farm Bureau and Agency Personnel.
- Attend and participate in company meetings, seminars, and continuing education activities.
- Provide assistance to other claim offices.
- Promptly report complaints and respond, as directed.
- Maintain and properly use company facilities, equipment, and supplies.
- Assist in the handling of salvage and subrogation.
- Transcribe recorded correspondence.
- Physical demands: Sitting; Normal vision/normal hearing (with or without correction); Speaking.
- Mental demands: Prolonged concentration.
- Environmental factors: Standard office lighting, temperature and noise.
- Equipment: Personal computer; keyboard; telephone systems; cassette recorders; copier; calculator.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum one years’ experience in an office or one year at a business/secretarial college preferred.
- Obtain a Kentucky Staff Adjuster License within one year of employment.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Average typing skill with emphasis on accuracy (35 WPM).
- Knowledge of word processing software desired.
- Experience with office machines desired.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed