Position exists to provide technical hardware and software support to KFB users, including IT staff. Focus will be on technical support of end user business software (Office 365 and other department-specific desktop software), as well as mobile devices and tools used for collaboration and IT application development. Position acts as administrator for KFB’s desktop environment for security-related issues; monitor scan results and promptly address vulnerabilities. This individual will be considered on call for critical issues related to end user business tools and mobile devices.
- Act as an expert resource for Client Technologies teammates; position serves as an escalation point for complex technical issues related to desktop hardware and software. Emphasis on high level technical support for Office 365, mobility, and business collaboration tools.
- High level support of mobile technology, including mobile device management tools.
- Collaborate with business departments and make recommendations regarding the use of mobile device technology to further KFB’s business objectives
- Act as administrator for all KFB mobile device accounts. This includes monthly reconciliation of service provider accounts, provisioning of end user mobile devices and corresponding services, and ad hoc reporting as required to meet KFB’s business needs
- Apply the KFB corporate guiding principles of connectivity, champion people, customer service, and operational excellence in daily work and decision making
- Collaborate closely with Model Office and Security staff to ensure timely distribution of desktop security updates
- Act as administrator for KFB’s desktop environment for security-related issues; monitor results of IT Security scans and promptly address any vulnerabilities found
- Develop desktop scripts and task sequences as needed to support IT initiatives
- Develop Active Directory Group Policies related to the desktop environment as needed in cooperation with IT Security team
- Manage Client Technologies initiatives as needed
- Work with Model Office to ensure methodical, proven QA/Testing of all new hardware and software updates prior to Production deployment. Test/certify desktop images.
- Investigate and make recommendations regarding the IT infrastructure environment to optimize the performance of desktop software, as well as other client technologies
- Provide excellent customer service to users through support of desktop business applications (investigate/resolve problems and research requirements for operating system and hardware to support desktop business applications)
- Manage vendor relationships and work with vendor technical resources (AT&T, Microsoft, Dell, IBM, etc.) required to adequately support client technologies
- Participate in corporate Disaster Recovery preparedness exercise to ensure readiness of supported client technologies
- Evaluate and recommend new strategies for business-user computing/server products.
- Demonstrate positive, supportive attitude of company and departmental goals
- Exhibit high accountability for corporate guidelines regarding use of technology and security standards
- Regular, predictable attendance as employee must be physically be in the office.
- This list of Essential Functions is non-exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Provide an escalation point for Help Desk and Field Support Reps, as well as a resource back-up for those roles when needed
- Act as back-up administrator for KFB’s desktop software repository
- Provide 24 hour on-call support as needed for client technologies
- Attend training seminars and classes as required
- Maintain a current knowledge of technical computer subjects deemed necessary to fulfill the essential requirements of the job.
- Fulfill administrative reporting requirements.
- Some limited travel may be required for support of laptop/desktop computers or other end user technologies
- Mental demands: Analytical reasoning; Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Environmental factors: Standard office lighting, temperature and noise.
- Equipment: Computer hardware; Desktops/laptops/virtual, Printers, Mobile devices, Servers and Network.
- Physical demands: Normal hearing and vision (with or without correction); Speaking; Reading; Must be able to lift equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field preferred. Combination of formal education, training and experience to acquire knowledge and skills generally equivalent to those possessed by a college graduate with four years computer experience may be considered.
- 5-7 years’ experience in PC support
- A proven skill-set that includes a wide breadth of infrastructure related technologies (desktop and printer hardware/software, Windows operating systems, Office 365, virtual machines, mobile devices, networking, web browsing, IT security, etc.).
- Knowledge of desktop deployment standards and tools required.
- Exceptional customer service skills, ability to communicate with others and work in a team environment.
- MCSE or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrated experiences of self-motivation & proven leadership.
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of security best practices and policies.
- Ability to maintain composure under adverse situations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent work attendance record.
- A desire and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a team environment.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed